Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sea Inspired Fused Glass Business Card Holder

I love the way this fused glass business card holder turned out. It was a 2 step process:

  • First, I created my own art glass by full fusing assorted fine frit (blue & green) onto clear art glass (BE 90 COE).
  • Once that was annealed & cooled, I added an accent (a little blue-green rectangle frit cast) and placed this on my Kaiser Lee Board mold I shaped to create the business card holder. I then "draped" fused the glass over the Kaiser Lee Mold and let it anneal for strength and durability.
  • I will probably add "feet" of some kind so the glass won't scratch any desk top surfaces.
These are fun & quick to make....I can't wait to make a Diva (fleur de lis) designed biz card holder for my display booth and office!

No comments: